NETSL is excited to announce that registration is now open for our 2022 Virtual Spring Conference! We have a great line-up of sessions and speakers.
NELST 2022 Annual Spring Conference
Our Work Supports Everyone: Demonstrating the Value of Technical Services
Friday, April 8th, 9am -2pm, VIRTUAL
NELA Members: $25
Non-NELA Members: $40
Learn more and register today!
The NETSL Executive Board is currently looking for a Vice-President/President Elect, a Treasurer, an Outreach Coordinator, and an Archivist. Position terms run from October to October and officially begin at the NELA Annual Conference in late October. For a description of the NETSL Board positions, please see our Job Descriptions page at: https://netsl.wordpress.com/about/board/boardjobs/
The deadline for candidates’ name submissions is June 26, 2015. Elections will be held in July.
For more information, or to nominate or express interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
NETSL AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN LIBRARY TECHNICAL SERVICES
Deadline for nominations is Friday, March 6, 2015
New England Technical Services Librarians (NETSL) Executive Board annually presents the NETSL Award for Excellence in Library Technical Services to publicly recognize an individual who has made an especially significant contribution to the field of library technical services.
Contributions may have been made in New England by librarians from throughout the United States, or nationally by librarians residing in New England, through publications, service, or innovations in practice. The NETSL Executive Board members will select a recipient at their March meeting based on nominations received. The Board reserves the right to suspend the Award for a year if no suitable candidate is nominated.
Eligibility for nomination is as follows:
- Nominees may be NETSL/NELA members, but membership in the Association is not a requirement.
- A nomination must be accompanied by a written statement that includes the rationale for nomination and, if a resume of the nominee is not appended, a narrative summary of the nominee’s career and achievements. Provision of a resume is strongly recommended.
- Nominations may be made by NETSL members, or by non-members.
- Nominations and statement(s) must be received by the NETSL Vice-President(s) no later than Friday, March 6, 2015.
- Current members of the NETSL Executive Board are not eligible for consideration.
Evaluation criteria include having made contributions to library technical services in one or more of the following areas:
- Leadership in professional associations at local, state, regional or national level
- Contributions or innovations in technical services
- Significant contributions to professional literature
- Conduct of studies or research in technical services
Nomination letters and questions can be submitted to Christine Fernsebner Eslao, NETSL Vice President at: eslao (at) fas (dot) harvard (dot) edu or Tachtorn (Wheat) Meier, NETSL Vice President at: tachtorn (dot) meier (at) yale.edu
The NETSL Award will be presented at the 2015 Annual NETSL Spring Conference at the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, MA on April 10, 2015. For a full list of speakers and breakout sessions, please visit our website at https://netsl.wordpress.com/2015/01/23/netsl-2015-annual-spring-conference/
Coming Up Roses: Growing Towards the Future
April 11, 2014 at the College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
Do you need to fill out a paper registration form?
Click Here for the NETSL 2014 Annual Conference Mail In Registration Form
We have a great line up of lightning talks – thanks to all who answered our call for proposals. We also have several exciting breakout sessions this year.
Keynote Address: Impact of Library Resource Management Trends for Technical Services: A Budding Flower or a Thorny Future by Marshall Breeding